Sunday, January 17, 2010

Vantec Enclosure How To Cool A Hard Drive Enclosure...anyone?

How to cool a hard drive enclosure...anyone? - vantec enclosure

IDE and SATA I pregnant and wants to know if anyone an idea, as it has been cool the sides. It is simple pen and although patterns that come with the fans, I would like at this point I would be the best thing I do. Two cases are made of aluminum. The generic brand SATA) hard drive is a WD 500 GB as an IDE (Techsolo 3) has a 60 GB Maxtor. Both are fanless. The generic nature, but gets very hot when transferring data from PC to an external drive. I suspect that there is more that is needed to the disk rotates, a 500 GB SATA II 60 GB IDE. In any case, if someone facility to allow any form of fans, so cool? I want to use these fields, like me. Buying new is not an option. Thank you in advance for your help.

2 comments:

cartfan3... said...

As unbelievable as it may sound, it could be the point of all aluminum cans for heat dissipation. I would support it with a few small things like pencils, so that the air around him. Not much you can really drill ventilation holes in the top and bottom of the housing, which can ruin the appearance.

Rick A said...

Since the housing is made of aluminum, then leave the drill and tap Set, then mount a CPU fan outside the box. Because the disk is in mechanical contact with the aluminum box inside then do everything you to lower the temperature of the outer casing of aluminum helps reduce in reducing the drive's temperature by heat conduction.

Post a Comment